Saturday, August 15, 2026

Can We Talk About the X-Men?!

 Hellooo, 

Last night, some of the new X-Men cast were revealed at Marvel's D23 panel!! This is huge news for me because I love the X-Men and have been waiting for this reveal for so long. There are seven cast members announced so far, so let's get into it.😋 (still trying to figure out how to get the pics perfect. Rome wasn't built in a day!)



Sadie Sink - Jean Grey


 I'm super excited about this one. When I first watched Brand New Day (sorry if you didn't already know...), I was hesitant about Sadie playing Jean because I was worried I wouldn't be able to see Jean, only Max (her character in Stranger Things). However, I think she's a great Jean, and I'm really excited to see her in future projects!!


Kit Connor - Cyclops (Scott Summers)


I'm not too familiar with Kit, but after doing some light research, I think he's a great choice for Cyclops! I'll miss James Marsden, but super excited for this new interpretation!


Christopher Abbott - Professor X (Charles Xavier)




This one, I have some thoughts on. My first reaction to this casting was, essentially, the same as when Marnie finds out Charlie shaved his head in the show Girls (Abbott plays Charlie). I think he's a great actor, but it's going to be hard to beat James McAvoy and Patrick Stewart. 

Samara Weaving - Emma Frost 

PERFECT! Absolutely no notes. Samara is going to body this role. 


Inde Navarette - Rogue 



I absolutely LOVE this choice. After seeing Obsession, I'm obsessed with Inde (see what I did there?). She is such a good actress, and I think she's perfect for Rogue. She has the edge, the spunk, and the beauty! I just hope she has the accent!! 


Maya Boyd - Storm (Ororo Munroe)

Maya, Maya, Maya!! I'm gonna be honest, I didn't know who she was. HOWEVER, I learned that she is a Broadway baddie! I was a theatre kid myself, so I will always root for them. She's never acted on screen before, so Storm being her first on-screen role is the mark of talent.

Adam Driver - Mister Sinister (Nathaniel Milbury)

(For the Girls fans), CHARLIE VS ADAM. WHO'S READY. But seriously, I think this is perfect casting. Driver has proved that he can play the villain with his role as Kylo Ren, and play it well. I am soo excited to see his interpretation of Mister Sinister. All we need now is Lena Dunham cast as Magneto. 


Speaking of Magneto... I wonder who's going to play the rest of the X-Men? We still haven't got the casting for Mystique, Beast, Wolverine, and sooo many more. Stay tuned to hear my thoughts on the rest of the cast when it drops!! 

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of Kit's casting. I think he has so much more range than what he was limited to in Heartstopper (I've seen clips from 'Romeo and Juliet', and I thought he was great in 'Warfare', so I think he was a great choice! I will say, though, that I was a bit surprised because I sort of suspected they'd be casting a little older since seeing Samara's casting. I was expecting more of a Drew Starkey type. Either way, I'm super excited because I know how talented that lineup of a casting is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo this is good to know!! I haven't seen Heartstopper but I've heard good things!! Yeahhh, I think they're gonna cast most of them younger to start out so they can age with their roles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was looking forward to seeing drew starkey be apart of the cast. Hopefully we can get him for another role but other than that the casting is perfect!

    ReplyDelete