Monday, August 24, 2026

Post-Grad... Strange

 Hello readers!! 

It's been a few days since my last entry, so I wanted to give you guys a little update on my life! I moved back home a few months ago after graduating, and getting adjusted has been... interesting. 

Every year, when August comes around, my friends and I prep for back-to-school. Shopping for clothes, supplies, the whole nine yards. This year, though, is quite different. Instead of gearing up for school, we're all around the state/country... gearing up for jobs!! 

I recently received a job offer (that I'm going to accept! Yay!!) somewhere I think I'll really enjoy, and I'm super excited to get back into a routine. I've been unemployed for a few weeks (unexpectedly quit my last job) and have been sooo antsy. I've been cleaning things that have never been touched. Bringing up hobbies I haven't touched since middle school. VERY boring (but also peaceful).

As excited as I am for my new job to start, it's a strange feeling, knowing that school is starting and I never have to go back. It's liberating to know I never have to do algebra homework again, but the real world is a lot different than going to a couple of classes and then napping for three hours. As a 22-year-old, I feel a bit of imposter syndrome. What do you mean I'm an adult?? Weird. I'm not sure how to describe it. Maybe bittersweet? Anyways. Post-grad life is a roller coaster, but oh, do I love it!!

xoxo 

rinny<3

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new job!! Starting somewhere you’re genuinely excited about sounds like a good beginning to post-grad life. As someone older, I really really feel that imposter syndrome feeling, it's like it never goes away in some aspects lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! YES all my older friends/family members have told me you never really adjust to adult life😅

      Delete