Hello readers!
First, sorry I went M.I.A. for a little bit!! It's been a busy week! I wanted to tell you guys about something awesome: the analog photo booth. Being Gen Z, I'm used to digital booths, but I love the look of actual ink on film. Luckily for me, I don't live too far from Roommate Collective, a small business that has one of the only analog booths in Texas!! As soon as I heard about it, I texted one of my friends, and we started our quest!! Once we got there, there was a line (rightfully so). After a short wait, we hopped in and took some pics.
Before writing this, I wanted to research the booth and learn where it came from, but they surprisingly don't say anything about it on the website. So instead, I'll tell you how the booth works. Like a digital photo booth, we had four shots snapped, but instead of getting the film almost immediately, our pictures took three minutes to develop.
This is because the photo booth is essentially a mini darkroom! After the initial shots, mechanical arms then dip the pictures into different inks to get the look of the photo. The strip goes through all the normal elements of development: developer, a bleach bath, fixer, and toner.
It was so cool; as soon as they came out, the ink was still wet, and we had to blow on them to dry. I was being soo careful not to smudge any ink off the picture. After a few minutes, they were perfectly dry:) The store also offers magnetic covers to put over your photo! So cute.
Here's how mine turned out!! If you're ever in the Austin area, I highly recommend checking this spot out!



No comments:
Post a Comment