Thursday, September 17, 2026

Rush 50 Something Tour

Hello readers! 

I wanted to upload today, but I wasn't sure what to write about, so I figured I'd talk about an event from June: my dad and I went to the Rush concert in Dallas!

I've been listening to Rush my whole life. I might not have been a fan my whole life, but my dad made sure I grew up knowing their discography. I remember him playing "2112" on full volume, and it would make the whole house electric. That being said, when they announced their "50 Something" tour, tickets were purchased almost immediately. 

The band in their younger years. RIP Neil <3

When I first heard about this tour, like many other people, I questioned: Who's going to be on drums? Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson are still here, but the great Neil Peart sadly passed in 2020. Who could possibly pull off those complex time signatures and his massive drum kit? The answer: Anika Nilles, one badass woman. Let me tell you, she did not disappoint! She was an absolute powerhouse, and it was so awesome seeing her up there, because I could tell she was having just as much fun as the crowd. 

During the second half of the show, I was standing in an open area watching the crowd and band. I had grown up listening to these songs, but seeing them live was a whole new experience. I've been to my fair share of concerts over the years, but Rush absolutely takes the cake for the best performance I have ever seen. The crowd was electric. Dickies Arena was full of people, of all generations, enjoying a band that's been out for, well, 50-something years. 

As a Gen Z myself, until that night I had never been to a real rock n' roll show. Going to college at Texas State University, I've witnessed my fair share of punk shows in the park (and I still cherish those garage band shows), but to see rock legends play like they did in the 70s, it was an indescribable feeling. Awe, shock, and excitement all in one. 

Picture from the concert!

If you're interested, I made a vlog of my trip to Dallas for the show and uploaded it to the "vlogs" page!!  I hope to make more YouTube videos to publish, but I have no idea what to film. Maybe a makeup tutorial? This month's favorites?  Let me know if you guys have any suggestions:) 

xoxo, 

rinny<3




1 comment:

  1. It would be so cool to see the vlogs!! I think this month's favourites would be a good idea for a video yes!

    ReplyDelete