Friday, September 11, 2026

Sharp Objects (2018)

Hello readers!

I recently watched "Sharp Objects" (2018) on HBO, and oh my god, I discovered a masterpiece. Based on Gillian Flynn's 2006 novel of the same name, the show follows journalist Camille Preaker (Amy Adams) as she returns to her hometown to investigate the murders of two young girls, while simultaneously facing demons from her past. 


I wasn't too sure what to expect when I started the show, but I loved every second. It constantly gave me an eerie feeling, but I couldn't pinpoint exactly why until the last episode. I don't want to get too much into the details of the plot, because it would spoil the whole thing (and I am NOT about that life, especially with this story). It's a show that you really just have to take in. 

As always, Amy Adams was an absolute powerhouse in this show. She's such an amazing actress; there were moments where I completely forgot she played the fun, bubbly Giselle in "Enchanted" (2007). Her performance in "Sharp Objects" was raw, unlike anything I've ever seen from her before. She really is that girl!!

Still, if you're looking for a good murder mystery to watch, this is a perfect show. I also really want roller skates now. Throughout the show, we see Amma Crellin (Eliza Scanlen), Camille's younger sister, ride around town on her skates. Cool mode of transportation. Amma is also a very interesting character, as she's very different outside their house versus inside. Her fashion sense is also killer.


I do want to warn you guys if you're going to watch: there are some pretty intense themes, such as self-harm, abuse, and violence, that might be triggering to some viewers. So, watch at your own risk! However, I greatly enjoyed this series, and it will go down in history as one of my favorites.

xoxo,
rinny<3


4 comments:

  1. LOVE Sharp Objects! The show is just as good as the novel for me. The acting's impeccable

    ReplyDelete
  2. this show wrecked meeee!!! i found the book at a goodwill a while ago and i still have yet to read it but it's on my list for this fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooo thats awesome!! you gotta let me know what you think of the book!!

      Delete